Poker Coverage: Poker Tournaments Casino News Sports Betting Poker Strategy

New Jersey Casinos See $8.4 Million In Online Gambling Revenue Last Year

Overall Casino Win Down 6.2 Percent For 2013

Print-icon
 

There was some good news and some bad news out of the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement on Tuesday.

Regulators reported that for calendar year 2013 Atlantic City casinos won $2.9 billion from gamblers, which is a 6.2-percent decrease from 2012. That figure has been slumping heavily since 2006, when the amount won from gamblers was $5.2 billion.

The good news is, of course, that online gambling generated some revenues for a handful of the casinos during the latter stages of 2013. Online gambling hit the Garden State in November, so it was only about six weeks of action. Revenues from that period for online gambling were $8.4 million, the state said. Most are expecting those games to soon be generating hundreds of millions of dollars, perhaps $1 billion, annually for the state.

Out of the $8.4 million, nearly 40 percent was from poker, while the remaining 60 percent or so was from all other forms of online gambling.

The highest grossing casino in the city (which now has 11 casinos after the Atlantic Club shut its doors on Monday) was the Borgata, with $616,969,725 in total gaming win.

That casino, owned by MGM Resorts International and Boyd Gaming, also has the most successful online gambling business in the state. In fact, Borgata affiliated web real-money games make up nearly half the entire New Jersey market.

Borgata has teamed up with Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment for the Internet.

No. 2 in the rankings for web gambling was Caesars Interactive. That company won around $2.4 million, compared to Borgata’s $3.75 million.

So far, around 150,000 online gambling accounts have been created in New Jersey.

In addition to New Jersey, Nevada and Delaware have legalized web gambling.

 
 
 
 

Comments

TandG21
almost 8 years ago

Sorry NJ can't compare to FTP or Poker Stars

 
Reply