Poker Coverage: Poker Legislation Poker Business Poker Tournaments

CPPT II - Paddy Power Irish Open

€2,250 No-Limit Hold'em

Follow-the-action

Mark Buckley Doubles Through Jonathan Lundy

“I didn’t think you had anything,” Jonathan Lundy told Mark Buckley when asked why he called Buckley’s 111,000 all-in shove. The hand began when Lundy opened to 10,000 from the cutoff and Mikhail Petrov called ...


More Than 23,500 Full Tilt Poker Victims File Claims

Eligible Players Still Have Until Nov. 16 To Submit A Claim

Print-icon
 

A whole lot of people were hurt by the old leadership at Full Tilt Poker.

The remission process for victims of Full Tilt Poker is underway, and according to Garden City Group, the firm hired by the government to facilitate this massive cash-out process, more than 23,500 former players have so far submitted claims online.

The firm said it sent out more than 1.4 million emails to potentially eligible victims.

The Oct. 1 update on FullTiltPokerClaims.com read in full:

We are pleased to report that the Remission Process is now well underway. All told, GCG has sent over 1.4 million email notifications to Full Tilt Poker (“FTP”) players, and in response GCG has already received over 23,500 Petitions through the online filing system.

The email notification process is now complete. If you did not receive an email and you believe you are in Full Tilt’s database and should have been identified as a potentially eligible player, please contact us to provide your updated email address and we will provide you with your petition and control numbers if you have been assigned them. To the extent GCG has been provided with physical mailing addresses, we will be sending postcards to Petitioners whose emails were returned as undeliverable in the next few weeks.

On September 16 and September 17, GCG sent the notices utilizing data supplied by Full Tilt. The deadline to submit a petition is about six weeks away — Nov. 16, 2013.

Full Tilt Poker fell into hot water with the federal government in April 2011 and was later accused of operating as a Ponzi scheme. Its former leadership — Howard Lederer, Ray Bitar, Rafe Furst and Chris Ferguson — have all resolved their respective legal trouble stemming from the abominable company. The government said that hundreds of millions of dollars were shadily siphoned from loyal poker-playing customers over the years.

The software and assets of Full Tilt Poker were later acquired by former rival PokerStars, and the site has relaunched successfully in non-American markets.

 
 
Tags: Full Tilt Poker,   Lederer,   Furst,   Bitar,   Ferguson
 
 

Comments

Curtis5
7 months ago

Yeah buddy ship me my money!

 
Reply
 
 
 
 
 
Get-it-delivered-240