In this Card Player weekly feature we look to provide our readers with a guide to some of the biggest poker events taking place in their area for the upcoming week. Check out all the tournament action set to go down in your own backyard from Mar. 4th through the 10th. Head to our tournament database for more information.
- The 2013 WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star (Mar 04, ‘13 – Mar 08, ’13) The Bay 101 in San Jose, CA is once again hosting the most unique stop on the World Poker Tour, the Bay 101 Shooting Star. The $7,500 no-limit hold’em main event, which begins at 11 AM on March 4th, features bounties, but it is not in the normal sense a bounty tournament. Each table starts with at least one “Shooting Star,” a famous professional poker player with a bounty on their head. If someone busts a Shooting Star, they are rewarded with $5,000, an autographed bounty t-shirt and a photo to commemorate their accomplishment. Also unique to this event is the $10,000 bonus paid to the end-of-day chip leaders on the first two starting days. In addition to the main event there is also a $25,000 high roller which kicks off on March 6th.
- The 2013 Winnin’ o’ the Green (Mar 04, ‘13 – Apr 03, ’13) The Bicycle Casino in Bell Gardens, CA is hosting a 26-event series starting on March 4th, with the early highlight being the kickoff event, which is a five-day, $150 buy-in no-limit hold’em re-entry event that features a $150,000 guaranteed prize pool.
- The 2013 Card Player Poker Tour Wynn Las Vegas (Feb. 28, ‘13 – Mar. 21, ’13) The Card Player Poker Tour moves into its second week at the Wynn Las Vegas at the tour’s first stop of 2013. The 12-event series kicked off last week, with the first event blowing away its guarantee and building a $384,605 prize pool. This week’s highlights include a $440 no-limit hold’em $100,000 guarantee that begins at noon on March 6th with the first of two starting days, and a $1,070 no-limit event that begins on March 9th. The centerpiece of the entire series is the $5,180 Card Player Poker Tour no-limit hold’em main event that gets underway with the first of two starting days on Mar. 17 and continues until a champion is decided at the CPPT live-streamed final table on Mar. 21.
- The 2013 World Poker Challenge (Feb 28, ‘13 – Mar 10, ’13) The Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, NV is moving into the second week of its 28-event World Poker Challenge. The highlight of the entire series, the $150,000 guaranteed $1,100 no-limit hold’em main event, gets underway on March 8th with the first of two starting days.
- Looking ahead – The 2103 Card Player Poker Tour Atlantis Casino Resort Spa (Mar 15, ‘13 – Mar 25, ’13) The Card Player Poker Tour pulls into Reno, NV starting next week for the 18-event series at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Players can enter to win a poker getaway at atlantiscasino.com/cpcontest with a $120 Satellite Seat in the Atlantis All-In Poker Series (choice of March 19 or March 21) and complimentary two nights Luxury Tower accommodations. Atlantis will offer a complimentary hotel room to players who pre-register for the $1,080 Main Event online by March 15, 2013 or in person by March 16, 2013. Additionally, we invite you to take advantage of exclusive room rates available for all All-In Poker Series participants. To make a reservation, please call 800.723.6500 and mention booking code SPOKR13. Don’t miss your chance to stay in Four Diamond luxury at remarkable rates. The $150,000 guaranteed main event will get underway on March 22nd with the first of two starting days at noon.
- The 2013 Ozark Poker Championship (Mar 08, ’13 – Mar 17, ’13) The Cherokee Resort Casino in West Siloam Springs, OK kicks off is Ozark Poker Championship series of 12 events later this week, with the early highlight being a $150 pot-limit Omaha event on March 9th.