In this Card Player weekly feature we look to provide our readers with a guide to some of the biggest poker events taking place in their area for the upcoming week. Check out all the tournament action set to go down in your own backyard from February 4th through the 10th. Head to our tournament database for more information.
- The 2013 Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza I (Jan 31, ‘13 – Feb 28, ’13) The Venetian Las Vegas’ popular Deep Stack Extravaganza tournament series continues into the second week of its 78-events schedule, which spans the entire month of February. This week features a number of great events, but the biggest is sure to be the three-day, $600
buy-in no-limit hold’em event that kicks off on Feb. 9th.
- The 2013 WSOP Circuit Caesars Palace (Feb 07, ‘13 – Feb 18, ’13) The World Series of Poker Circuit returns once again to Caesars Palace Las Vegas for a tournament series with 12 WSOPC gold ring events. The early highlights for this week include a $265 no-limit hold’em re-entry event on Feb. 8th and a $580 no-limit hold’em event that begins on Feb. 10th.
- The 2013 European Poker Tour Deauville (Jan 30, ‘13 – Feb 09, ’13) The European Poker Tour Deauville €5,300 no-limit hold’em main event kicked off with day 1A on Feb. 3rd, but players still have a chance to enter day 1B on Feb. 4th. Play will continue until a champion is decided on Feb. 9th. The Casino Barriere annexe at The Deauville International Centre will also play host to a number of side events through the completion of the main event, including a €10,300 pot-limit Omaha event on Feb. 6th and a €10,300 no-limit hold’em high roller event on Feb. 7th.
- The 2013 WSOP Circuit Emerald Casino (Feb 05, ‘13 – Feb 10, ’13) The World Series of Poker Circuit returns to the Emerald Casino, just outside of Johannesburg, South Africa for a six-event series, highlighted by the $3,300 buy-in no-limit hold’em main event that begins on Feb. 7th with the first of two starting days, and continues until a champion is decided on Feb. 10th. For those looking for an even larger buy-in, a $10,400 no-limit hold’em high roller is also scheduled for Feb. 9th.
- The 2013 Big Stax Poker Series (Feb 06, ’13 – Feb 18, ’13) The Parx Casino in Bensalem, Pennsylvania is playing host to an eight-event series starting this week, with the kick off being a $150,000 guaranteed $330 buy-in re-entry event with the first of three starting days on Feb. 6th. Starting on Feb. 10th is a $550 re-entry with two starting days.
- The 2013 Pro Poker Championship 1 (Jan 11, ‘13 – Feb 11, ’13) The Dover Downs in Dover, Delaware will see the $3,500 no-limit hold’em main event of it’s Pro Poker Championship series kicking off this week, with the first of two starting days beginning on Feb. 8th at noon.
- The 2013 L.A. Poker Classic (Jan 15, ‘13 – Mar 03, ’13) The 68-event L.A. Poker Classic tournament series continues the Commerce Casino and Hotel in Los Angeles, California. This week will see a number of great events, including a $1,100 no-limit hold’em event on Feb. 5th, a $550 mixed hold’em event featuring fixed limit, no-limit and pot-limit hold’em on feb. 6th and a $1,100 no-limit hold’em bounty turbo event on Feb. 10th.
- The 2013 Pala Poker WInter Open (Feb 02, ‘13 – Feb 10, ’13) The Pala Casino Spa and Resort near Temecula, California is hosting a 13-event tournament series this week, highlighted by the $150 no-limit hold’em RiverCard Championship on Feb. 9th.
- The 2013 WPT Lucky Hearts Open Hollywood (Feb 08, ‘13 – Feb 12, ’13) The 26-event Lucky Hearts Open at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida is about to reach its climax, the $3,500 World Poker Tour no-limit hold’em main event, which kicks off on Feb. 8th with the first of two starting days. Play will continue until a champion is decided on Feb. 12th.