In this Card Player weekly feature we look to provide our readers with a guide to some of the biggest poker events taking place in their area for the upcoming week. Check out all the tournament action set to go down in your own backyard from January 28th through February 3rd. Head to our tournament database for more information.
- The 2013 European Poker Tour Deauville (Jan 30, ‘13 – Feb 09, ’13) The European Poker Tour returns once again to the seaside resort of Deauville in Normandy for the EPT Deauville series, highlighted by this week’s €5,300 no-limit hold’em main event, which kicks off with the first of two starting days on on Sunday, Feb. 3rd. Play will continue until a champion is decided on Feb. 9th. The Casino Barriere annexe at The Deauville International Centre will also play host to a number of side events through the completion of the main event.
- The 2013 Borgata Winter Open (Jan 15, ‘13 – Feb 01, ’13) The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey moves into the final stages of its 25-event Borgata Winter Open this week, as Monday the 28th marks the final day to enter the $3,500 World Poker Tour no-limit hold’em main event. For those who bust out of the main event, or simply players who are looking for a smaller buy-in,the Borgata will also be hosting four more side events from Jan. 29th through Feb. 1st.
- The 2013 World Series of Poker Circuit – Harrah’s Tunica (Jan 24, ‘13 – Feb 04, ’13) The World Series of Poker Circuit moves into it’s second week at the Harrah’s Tunica in Robinsonville, Mississippi. The highlights from the second week of this 12-event series incude a $580 no-limit hold’em event that kicks off on Jan. 31st and of course the $1,675 WSOP Circuit no-limit hold’em main event that begins on Feb. 1st and continues until a champion is decided on Feb. 4th.
- The 2013 L.A. Poker Classic (Jan 15, ‘13 – Mar 03, ’13) The 68-event L.A. Poker Classic tournament series continues the Commerce Casino and Hotel in Los Angeles, California. This week will see a number of interesting events, including a $550 buy-in “triple stud” event, featuring seven card stud, stud eight-or-better and razz. A $250,000 guaranteed prize pool no-limit hold’em event with a $150 buy-in starts on Jan. 27th, with eight starting heats to choose from between then and Feb. 1st, with heats at 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM daily.
- The 2013 Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza I (Jan 31, ‘13 – Feb 28, ’13) The Venetian Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas is set to once again host one of its popular Deep Stack Extravaganza series of tournament series, this time with a total of 78 events taking place throughout the month of February. Early highlights include a three-day, $400 buy-in kickoff no-limit hold’em event on Jan. 31st and a $600 buy-in no-limit hold’em event on Feb. 2nd.