Poker Coverage: Poker Legislation Poker Tournaments Daily Fantasy Sports Poker Stories Podcast U.S. Poker Markets

CPPT V - The Bicycle Casino

$1,100 No-Limit Hold'em Quantum CPPT ME $400K GTD


Andrew Wisdom Wins CPPT Bicycle Casino Main Event

After five days of poker action the field of 550 players in the Card Player Poker Tour Bicycle Hotel & Casino main event was eventually whittled down to 23-year-old Andrew Wisdom, who earned the largest ...

Contracts and Poker: Appeals

by Scott J. Burnham |  Published: Oct 11, 2017


A player makes a string raise, and a player protests. The dealer does not want to get involved. Should the player call the floor? In law, you have a right to appeal, but you only get one appeal. Your case usually starts out in a court of general jurisdiction, which goes by different names in different places. In New York, for example, it is confusingly called the Supreme Court, even though it is the lowest level court! If you lose in the court of general jurisdiction, then you have a right to one appeal. In some jurisdictions, particularly the smaller states, there is only one higher court, often called a Supreme Court. Some of the larger jurisdictions have an intermediate court. These intermediate courts are often called a Court of Appeals, though in New York the highest court is the Court of Appeals! If you lose in the intermediate court, ...

You Are Previewing Digital Subscription Content

To continue reading:


Already a subscriber?